We enjoyed our family during Christmas. Of course, E J is missed so much by everyone, but we try to keep things upbeat and happy. Time has helped. There will always be a place for him in our hearts. Each of us have our own ways of remembering him. I like to light a candle in a flower arrangement for him. We talk about our memories of him, too. He will always will be a part of our family and our love for him still grows even though he's not physically here with us. Reese is learning more about Uncle E J (what he said and things that he liked to do,etc.) She knows that he's in heaven with Jesus. She and Grandaddy go upstairs to his room to see his things. He would be crazy about her!
Reese had a fun Christmas! She loves to play with the nativity and tell the story of Jesus. (It's still up so she can play with it). It's so good to see her learning so much these days. She got a baby doll, a bottle and a carrier (this is what she asked Santa for) plus a plasma car and lots of other things that she really likes.
Gene and I have been in Hot Springs alot. Susan and Dennis met us there one week-end which was a good time. Bonnie,Scotty,Laura and Mikey are going this week-end. Jennifer, Curtis, Kyle and Kelly will be going in Feb. So, you can see it's a pretty good "get away". It has helped Gene and I with our healing from losing E J.
My health is better, too. I have not had a sinus infection in about 6 wks! I'm hoping to get off the prednisolone soon! Reese and I made Valentine's yesterday. She has so much patience for a 3 yr. old! We made 12 cards and stamped each one 3 times! We will finish them later. We need some glitter on them! I didn't want to wear her out. I hope she will always like to do crafts with her Mimi!
The girls and I made a trip to see the Schuett's, Lauren and Rachel Gibbons last week-end. Katie was initiated into Chi Omega. Reese got to play with Nora all week-end. It was such a good time!
We were fortunate not to get the ice that north Arkansas got! It's cold here though! Try to stay warm!!
1 comment:
I am so glad that you are still feeling good -- what a relief for you! I only hope that Reese is enjoying her craft days as much as Rhonda and I did -- we've got to do that again as soon as I get home from Fville with Stacey. AND Jim and I have got to get to Hot Springs one weekend, as invited. Looking forward to warmer weather and for our girls trip to the beach :) It also does my heart good to read about E. J. -- they will be with us always.
Love You, Phyllis
Post a Comment